We, at Maxicare Healthcare Corporation (“Maxicare”), value your privacy as much as we value your health. We are committed to comply with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Data Privacy Act”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and related issuances from the National Privacy Commission, to protect and safeguard your privacy.
We periodically update this notice when necessary to ensure that our practices remain compliant with the applicable laws and are up to date with industry standards.
This notice will inform you on how we process and protect your personal information. By visiting this page or reading this notice, you certify that you have read, understood, and agree to the terms below.
Maxicare is a Health Maintenance Organization (“HMO”), which provides different healthcare services to our members through our vast network of providers: hospitals, clinics, physicians, diagnostic centers, and other healthcare providers (collectively, “Providers”). To effectively provide these services, our healthcare providers may collect, process, and share your information with us so that the healthcare services will always be available when you need them most.
We use your personal information for us to perform transactions and functions necessary to implement and administer your healthcare benefit from Maxicare. Your personal information may also be used for reporting, analysis and study purposes, and other functions required or permitted by law.
We share your personal information to ensure that we can provide you with the best and excellent healthcare services that are readily available, as well as to afford you a smoother and better customer experience. As an example, we may outsource the maintenance of our database and website, website or we may share your information with our affiliated hospitals, clinics, and physicians with the objective of providing you immediate and appropriate medical services. Rest assured that we only share necessary information to our representatives (as defined hereunder) in order to aid them in performing their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Process, review, and approve an application for enrollment, employment, affiliation, and/or for coverage in any of our products and/or services;
- Process orders and availments for our products and/or HMO services, reimbursements and/or claims, and online payments;
- Review and approve the agents and/or brokers’ applications for accreditation;
- Comply with applicable laws of the Philippines, the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA) and the implementation of “know-your-customer” requirements and sanction screening checks;
- Conduct studies and researches to review, develop, and improve our products and services; and
- Perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling, and analytics to understand needs, preferences, and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services.
Personal Information Collected and Processed
The information we collect and process shall include the following:
- Personal contact information: name, address, email address, phone number, or any other information that would allow Maxicare to contact you;
- Demographic information: gender, date of birth, age, civil status, etc.;
- Government-Issued Identification: Social Security System (SSS) Number, Tax Identification Number (TIN), Philippine Health Insurance (PhilHealth) Number, Pag-IBIG (Home Development Mutual Fund) Number, Passport Number, National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance Number, etc.:
- Financial information: bank details when you make payments for your account, etc.;
- Medical history and profile such as current medical condition, diagnosis for ailments, medical orders, and records, etc.;
- Emergency Contacts: name, address, telephone number;
- Professional information (for medical affiliates and/or employees with professional licenses applying to us);
- Non-personal information such as those provided by your device which may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, your geolocation, operating system, browser type and version, and other machine identifiers, etc.; and
- Consumer feedback, including the information that you share with Maxicare such as your opinions or comments on our products, and services, and voice recordings when you reach us via our contact center;
Methods of Collection
Where do we get your personal information?
We collect your personal data from any documents or communications that you may have directly submitted to us, from publicly available information (including your social media accounts), or from third parties, including:
- When filling out the application forms, agreements, and other similar or related documents;
- When logging in and using our website, mobile applications, and other web-based platforms;
- When availing of our product and services through our affiliate network;
- When getting in touch with our customer service representatives to inquire, file a complaint, or request for service/s;
- From your employer as part of your medical and healthcare benefits provided to you by your employer;
- From the principal member in case you are a dependent; and
We also collect your personal information from other sources that are commercially or publicly available such as published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and other sources which have obtained your consent for such disclosure or where it is lawfully permitted on our part to acquire such information.
Where you have provided us with the personal data of individuals other than yourself, you warrant that you have obtained their consent for the disclosure, in accordance with the Data Privacy Act.
When and to whom do we disclose or share your personal information?
In the course of providing services in accordance with the agreement that you or your employer have entered into with us, we normally engage the services of, and/or interact with, third parties, such as, but not limited to our parent company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, financial advisors, affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties and service providers, whether local or foreign (collectively referred to as “representatives”).
We may be required to disclose your personal information with our representatives for any legitimate business purpose as we may deem appropriate for your benefit, including but not limited to outsourced processing of our transactions, profiling, or historical statistical analysis, and as necessary to provide you with our services or for you to comply with your obligations in accordance with the agreement that you or your employer have entered into with us.
We will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties outside of our Representatives except if you have given your consent.
Maxicare will ensure that in situations where your information is shared, our representative shall comply with the Data Privacy Act through technical or organizational measures put in place.
Personal Information Controller
Maxicare is the Personal Information Controller of your information, which means that it determines what purposes personal information it holds will be used for. By virtue thereof, your personal data may also be disclosed to third parties pursuant to a data-sharing agreement, in which case, such third parties are also the personal information controllers of your personal information.
Data Protection Measures
How do we protect your personal information?
We value your privacy, that is why we maintain, enforce, and implement organizational, physical, technical, electronic, and procedural security measures that ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and security of your personal information.
We protect your information by implementing safeguards, such as but not limited to the following:
- Access and use your personal information only to the extent necessary in order to administer the healthcare benefit;
- Use a secured server maintained with firewall, encryption, anti-virus, and other appropriate security controls;
- Restrict access to your information to only authorized personnel who will handle it with strict confidentiality;
- Undergo regular audits internally by our audit team and third-party auditors to ensure that your personal information is secured and security controls are effective;
Keep our security systems up to date and conduct training and seminars to our personnel in relation to protecting your personal information;
- We have confidentiality agreements with contracted parties that receive, process, and store non-public personal, health, and financial (when applicable) information about you;
- We perform data privacy and security assessment with contracted parties to ensure that non-public personal, sensitive, and privileged information are secured and appropriate controls are enforced by the contracted parties; and
- Other security, organizational, and physical measures that we may introduce in the future further strengthen the protection and security of your personal information.
We keep your information in a secured facility within the Philippines, and countries where Maxicare’s cloud service providers reside for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of any claims arising from our agreement with you or your employer, or as required or permitted for by the law and regulations.
Your personal data will be retained or stored for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed subsist and/or have not been satisfied. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Information provided to us shall be disposed of or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party, or prejudice your interest
Data Subject Rights
In accordance with the Data Privacy Act, we uphold your right in relation to your personal information. You have the right to:
- Be informed on the processing of your personal information.
- Request access to your personal information from our systems and processes.
- Object to our collection or processing of your personal information.
- Rectify, correct or modify your personal information.
- Request the erasure or blocking of your personal information from our systems and processes.
- Request for a copy of your personal information and transfer them securely to you for further use.
- File a complaint if you believe that there was any violation of your rights.
- Be indemnified for the damages incurred based on a final decision as a result of inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, erroneous data, or unlawful processing of personal data.
You also have a choice to be included in our mailing list whether for service, announcements, or sales and marketing purposes. However, choosing or deciding to remove your personal information from our systems may limit our ability to provide excellent healthcare services to you.
Maxicare Contact Information
If you have any inquiries, clarifications, and /or concerns regarding your membership, our products and services, and/or the updating of your personal information, you may contact:
24/7 Customer Care Hotline
Tel #: +632 582-1900 / 632 7987777
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Privacy Team
If you have data privacy inquiries and concerns, or you wish to report any violation of your data privacy rights or to enforce any of your data privacy rights, you may contact our Data Privacy Officer through the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
Tel #: (02) 908-6989
Email address: email@example.com